Location Inspiration for Your Child’s Upcoming Photo Session
There are several factors that play an important role when planning a kid’s photo session and the location of your shoot is one of them. Below are a few ideas to help you choose an ideal location for your child’s upcoming photo shoot.
- Choose a location that’s special to you. Perhaps you want photos of your children in that place where your husband first proposed to you or even where you got married. Jot down a few locations and that mean something to you and your family.
- Decide on the purpose of the photo session. Are you looking to mark a milestone? Or perhaps you’re just looking to get a few updated photos of your children. For example, choosing a beautiful indoor setting with lovely lighting would be ideal for a holiday card but a pretty garden setting would be great for a 1st birthday party.
- Think lighting. While you might not always be able to have the photo session outside, try and choose a location that offers good natural lighting if possible. Or at least lighting that isn’t too harsh as this will really make a difference to your images.
- Give yourself options. It’s always nice to be able to work with a variety of backgrounds when shooting photos of your children, especially if you are planning multiple outfit changes.
- Keep safety in mind. While taking a photo in a unique location would make for great photos, rather think about the surroundings and whether there is anything that might endanger your child before you arrange your shoot there. Railway tracks are an example of this type of location and are illegal to shoot on for this reason.
- Look closer to home first. Before you scout for locations in your area, you might actually find that you have the perfect photo spot right in your own back yard.
If you’re still a bit unsure about the best location to choose for your upcoming shoot, chat with your local photographer as he/she will know about the best locations in and around your area.
Be open to different locations, try new lighting, and enjoy.
Wish It. Dream It. Do It.